Reasonable Adjustment Policy
We strongly believe in being able to make reasonable adjustments where ever possible to ensure you have an awesome learning experience with us here at Warwickshire First Aid Training because we believe in being fully inclusive for all learners that come to us for first aid training.
Our Reasonable Adjustment Policy
Warwickshire First Aid Training and Qualification Network believe that a learner’s individual characteristics and work situation must be taken into account in order to provide the appropriate access to training and assessment.
Warwickshire First Aid Training will endeavour to review individual needs with learners upon registration/attendance. Where a learner has been identified as requiring additional support Warwickshire First Aid Training will agree to an Individual Learning Plan and will provide appropriate advice, guidance and support to those Learners identified as having special assessment needs.
Where required we (Warwickshire First Aid Training) will make a reasonable adjustment (s)to assessment which may include (but not be limited to);
- Allowing additional time to complete written tests/tasks
- Offering the use of a scribe for written tests
- Accepting verbal responses to written questions (these must be recorded)
- Allowing the use of transcribed materials to prepare/support a learner for assessment
- Use of visual aids (e.g. videos) to support formal questions (e.g. to identify different medical conditions)
- Allowing the use of a translator (including sign language) to prepare/support a learner through assessment.
- Changing the layout or venue of the assessment area to allow access
Any reasonable adjustment(s) made will ensure that the assessment criteria are still met and that Qualifications Network standards are upheld.
Where the Centre is unable to agree on reasonable adjustments we will contact Qualifications Network for further advice and guidance.
Martyn Coton (Managing Director) Date: 16th December 2020
Signed on behalf of Warwickshire First Aid Training Ltd
Policy Review Date: 16th December 2021